For those in the market for a mid-level power supply, there are a lot of choices. With the features and performance of this Thunder 650, it fares well when placed against the competition. While it certainly isn't the most powerful product on the market, it has ample power for a vast majority of systems currently in use and still offers enough connectors and amperage to allow for future upgrades.
This power supply is priced at about $130US and falls squarely in the middle of the price point for similar models with basically the same features. Add to this the external cable that allows you to power and charge devices using either USB or SATA connectivity and the value goes up a notch. It will certainly handle the load and is well worth taking a look at for your own upgrading needs.
The unit is not modular, but with the sturdy construction of the wiring harness and the inclusion of mesh wrap from end to end, this isn't a big issue. Cable management is still reasonably easy to handle and is made even easier with the included Velcro straps. It also has a lot of appeal to the eye with the chrome finish and the blue LED lighting included with the fan. Overall it is a worthy contender.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017