For those in the market for a mid-level power supply, there are a lot of choices. With the features and performance of this Thunder 650, it fares well when placed against the competition. While it certainly isn't the most powerful product on the market, it has ample power for a vast majority of systems currently in use and still offers enough connectors and amperage to allow for future upgrades.
This power supply is priced at about $130US and falls squarely in the middle of the price point for similar models with basically the same features. Add to this the external cable that allows you to power and charge devices using either USB or SATA connectivity and the value goes up a notch. It will certainly handle the load and is well worth taking a look at for your own upgrading needs.
The unit is not modular, but with the sturdy construction of the wiring harness and the inclusion of mesh wrap from end to end, this isn't a big issue. Cable management is still reasonably easy to handle and is made even easier with the included Velcro straps. It also has a lot of appeal to the eye with the chrome finish and the blue LED lighting included with the fan. Overall it is a worthy contender.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4