The Thermaltake BlacX SE is everything we expected it to be, and everything Thermaltake claims it to be for that matter. As was the case with the BlacX we looked at last week, the BlacX SE is not able to transfer data as fast as native SATA, so your drives are not going to see full performance as they would when mounted inside of your PC. Hopefully Thermaltake gives us a BlacX SE eSATA version just like the BlacX does.
Currently the BlacX SE can be found for just a couple of Dollars more than the BlacX; just a hair above 40 US Dollars, even though the MSRP is close to 15 Dollars more at the MSRP level. When choosing between the BlacX (USB only version) and the BlacX SE, I would opt for the SE since it adds a little more value to the product.
The construction of both units is similar and the quality is high. The BlacX did have a small problem with light scratching on the door cover, and that is eliminated on the SE since there is not a door that covers the slots. As someone who has dropped or knocked over more than a couple of hard drives in my day (two WD Raptor 150GBs last year alone), I like the security door on the SE. If you do not like the look of the SE with the door installed, it is easily removed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake BlacX SE]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse