The Freezer 7 LP is a dual heatpipe design that pulls heat from the CPU and moves it to the outer edges, allowing the entire fin surface to cool the processor. Heat remaining just above the heatpipes radiates up through the center fins and is then carried away.
In this image you can see how the heatpipes work to move heat around the heatsink.
The fins have a little more distance between them than some of the other coolers we have looked at recently. This allows a fan that pushes less air to effectively cool the fins.
The fan just rests on the top of the cooler with the shroud and the shroud screws into the mounting pieces. This eliminates vibrations from travelling through the cooler and the fins echoing the noise.
Here is a better look at the fan and shroud. Notice the holes on the outside of the shroud? This is where the long screws go through to mount the cooler to the motherboard.
The cooler comes with thermalpaste applied to the heatsink from the factory.
With the paste removed, we can see the base of the cooler. There are light machine marks on the base but everything is smooth to the touch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis