The Freezer 7 LP is a dual heatpipe design that pulls heat from the CPU and moves it to the outer edges, allowing the entire fin surface to cool the processor. Heat remaining just above the heatpipes radiates up through the center fins and is then carried away.
In this image you can see how the heatpipes work to move heat around the heatsink.
The fins have a little more distance between them than some of the other coolers we have looked at recently. This allows a fan that pushes less air to effectively cool the fins.
The fan just rests on the top of the cooler with the shroud and the shroud screws into the mounting pieces. This eliminates vibrations from travelling through the cooler and the fins echoing the noise.
Here is a better look at the fan and shroud. Notice the holes on the outside of the shroud? This is where the long screws go through to mount the cooler to the motherboard.
The cooler comes with thermalpaste applied to the heatsink from the factory.
With the paste removed, we can see the base of the cooler. There are light machine marks on the base but everything is smooth to the touch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- A Case Idea
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs