The Freezer 7 LP is a dual heatpipe design that pulls heat from the CPU and moves it to the outer edges, allowing the entire fin surface to cool the processor. Heat remaining just above the heatpipes radiates up through the center fins and is then carried away.
In this image you can see how the heatpipes work to move heat around the heatsink.
The fins have a little more distance between them than some of the other coolers we have looked at recently. This allows a fan that pushes less air to effectively cool the fins.
The fan just rests on the top of the cooler with the shroud and the shroud screws into the mounting pieces. This eliminates vibrations from travelling through the cooler and the fins echoing the noise.
Here is a better look at the fan and shroud. Notice the holes on the outside of the shroud? This is where the long screws go through to mount the cooler to the motherboard.
The cooler comes with thermalpaste applied to the heatsink from the factory.
With the paste removed, we can see the base of the cooler. There are light machine marks on the base but everything is smooth to the touch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini