The Freezer 7 LP is a dual heatpipe design that pulls heat from the CPU and moves it to the outer edges, allowing the entire fin surface to cool the processor. Heat remaining just above the heatpipes radiates up through the center fins and is then carried away.
In this image you can see how the heatpipes work to move heat around the heatsink.
The fins have a little more distance between them than some of the other coolers we have looked at recently. This allows a fan that pushes less air to effectively cool the fins.
The fan just rests on the top of the cooler with the shroud and the shroud screws into the mounting pieces. This eliminates vibrations from travelling through the cooler and the fins echoing the noise.
Here is a better look at the fan and shroud. Notice the holes on the outside of the shroud? This is where the long screws go through to mount the cooler to the motherboard.
The cooler comes with thermalpaste applied to the heatsink from the factory.
With the paste removed, we can see the base of the cooler. There are light machine marks on the base but everything is smooth to the touch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni