In the past we looked at several small HTPC inspired coolers and walked away from all of them dissatisfied with the performance they achieved. Some of the coolers were outright dangerous for the applications claimed by the manufacturer and we needed to make it clear that such a small cooler was not really intended for flagship, "Extreme" processors.
Arctic Cooling has stepped up to the plate to deliver us a silent performer that is made exclusively for the Intel LGA platform, and can apparently cool a 90 watt processor. The new Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 LP is designed for slim enclosures where limited height is a concern; many slim HTPC systems and home built 2U servers including NAS servers coming to mind. This is a market that is dominated by OEM coolers and many enthusiasts do not have access to these custom coolers, yet still find that the retail Intel heatsink makes too much noise for their application.
The new Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 LP is not designed to break any performance records, but it should allow HTPC owners the opportunity to get leading class performance. Let's take a look and see just how good a slim cooler can perform.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog