With every Republic Of Gamers motherboard that ASUS brings to the market, things get better and better. So far ASUS has managed to produce quite a few good offerings, with the newest generation getting some nifty extra features compared to its older generation. This includes the LCD poster, solid state components and latest chipset support. The Rampage series is the latest to come from ASUS, and knowing them it certainly won't be the last.
One thing ASUS needs to start integrating into its ROG based boards is EPU6, ASUS' latest energy saving technology. While hardcore overclockers won't really want it, the users who simply want the best will find this feature being a big selling point, as is the case with GIGABYTEs latest DQ6 boards which have now got DES integrated.
The Rampage Formula was extremely impressive; its overclocking was brilliant and the feature rich BIOS allows for maximum tweaking and overclocking. While we managed to only hit 525MHz, it's possible with some more tweaking of the voltages and the GTL reference dividers that you're likely to get some more speed out of the board. And with the latest 45nm CPU, overclocking becomes even easier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- 27-year-old gamer without eyes still plays games
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Z170-WS, 3002 bios, and SLI not working. Anyone else experience this?
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning