Recent product launches have really shaken up the performance database this month, with just about everyone getting a new cooler out before Computex. Take away the new Noctua, Sunbeamtech and ZEROtherm coolers and the MaxOrb EX would be in the running for our Best Performance award, but these other new coolers perform just a little better. Still, the Thermaltake MaxOrb EX is a great cooler that is capable of performing really well.
The next thing to consider is the price. At 69.99 the EX is an enthusiast cooler, and one that even some enthusiasts might not consider given the high MSRP. The ZEROtherm Zen FZ120 is much cheaper, performs a tad better but does not have the same availability as Thermaltake products do. Availability is where the EX is really going to make users weigh the high cost. Do I buy it locally now for 69.99 or order something else online, wait a couple of days and save a couple of Dollars? - That is one for you to decide, but given my track record I will take it now and be done with it.
One of the best things about the MaxOrb EX is the mounting system. If you are not looking to remove your motherboard, especially on Intel systems, there is not a lot of options out there. The MaxOrb EX is included in this limited field of products and that goes a long way with many users since the time of removal can be so much more than one would expect.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards