Recent product launches have really shaken up the performance database this month, with just about everyone getting a new cooler out before Computex. Take away the new Noctua, Sunbeamtech and ZEROtherm coolers and the MaxOrb EX would be in the running for our Best Performance award, but these other new coolers perform just a little better. Still, the Thermaltake MaxOrb EX is a great cooler that is capable of performing really well.
The next thing to consider is the price. At 69.99 the EX is an enthusiast cooler, and one that even some enthusiasts might not consider given the high MSRP. The ZEROtherm Zen FZ120 is much cheaper, performs a tad better but does not have the same availability as Thermaltake products do. Availability is where the EX is really going to make users weigh the high cost. Do I buy it locally now for 69.99 or order something else online, wait a couple of days and save a couple of Dollars? - That is one for you to decide, but given my track record I will take it now and be done with it.
One of the best things about the MaxOrb EX is the mounting system. If you are not looking to remove your motherboard, especially on Intel systems, there is not a lot of options out there. The MaxOrb EX is included in this limited field of products and that goes a long way with many users since the time of removal can be so much more than one would expect.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients
- Technology and Innovation Key to Cost Reduction and Capital Efficiency as Companies Strive to Meet Future Energy Demand, IHS Says
- Patriot Introduces 128GB Compact USB Flash Drives for Optimal Portable Storage Solutions