Recent product launches have really shaken up the performance database this month, with just about everyone getting a new cooler out before Computex. Take away the new Noctua, Sunbeamtech and ZEROtherm coolers and the MaxOrb EX would be in the running for our Best Performance award, but these other new coolers perform just a little better. Still, the Thermaltake MaxOrb EX is a great cooler that is capable of performing really well.
The next thing to consider is the price. At 69.99 the EX is an enthusiast cooler, and one that even some enthusiasts might not consider given the high MSRP. The ZEROtherm Zen FZ120 is much cheaper, performs a tad better but does not have the same availability as Thermaltake products do. Availability is where the EX is really going to make users weigh the high cost. Do I buy it locally now for 69.99 or order something else online, wait a couple of days and save a couple of Dollars? - That is one for you to decide, but given my track record I will take it now and be done with it.
One of the best things about the MaxOrb EX is the mounting system. If you are not looking to remove your motherboard, especially on Intel systems, there is not a lot of options out there. The MaxOrb EX is included in this limited field of products and that goes a long way with many users since the time of removal can be so much more than one would expect.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup