Recent product launches have really shaken up the performance database this month, with just about everyone getting a new cooler out before Computex. Take away the new Noctua, Sunbeamtech and ZEROtherm coolers and the MaxOrb EX would be in the running for our Best Performance award, but these other new coolers perform just a little better. Still, the Thermaltake MaxOrb EX is a great cooler that is capable of performing really well.
The next thing to consider is the price. At 69.99 the EX is an enthusiast cooler, and one that even some enthusiasts might not consider given the high MSRP. The ZEROtherm Zen FZ120 is much cheaper, performs a tad better but does not have the same availability as Thermaltake products do. Availability is where the EX is really going to make users weigh the high cost. Do I buy it locally now for 69.99 or order something else online, wait a couple of days and save a couple of Dollars? - That is one for you to decide, but given my track record I will take it now and be done with it.
One of the best things about the MaxOrb EX is the mounting system. If you are not looking to remove your motherboard, especially on Intel systems, there is not a lot of options out there. The MaxOrb EX is included in this limited field of products and that goes a long way with many users since the time of removal can be so much more than one would expect.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Aerocool unveils first gaming chair with edge lighting
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017