One of the best features on the MaxOrb EX is the user adjustable fan speed system. Many companies send along the same type of device but make it with a long wire so it can mount to the back of the case in a PCI slot cover. The wire is difficult to hide and usually longer than a full tower case is tall, making concealment impossible. For the MaxOrb the adjustment is right on the cooler and users can fine tune and forget.
As stated before, the main difference between the two MaxOrb coolers is the outside copper fins. Here we have a good look at the fins and their height. The fins are very thin but not as thin as those used on the Nexus coolers.
Along the outside we see the six large heatpipes that pull heat from the base and move it to the fin area. You can also see the inner fins in this picture.
The mounting mechanism on the MaxOrb is unique and allows the same hardware to be used for both AMD and Intel setups. The only difference is if the bracket will use screws or pins to hold it to the motherboard.
Blue LEDs light up the fan when active, but the real thing to look at here is the inner fins that are made of aluminium just like the first MaxOrb. We will have to see if changing the outer set alone will give the EX better cooling performance.
The base of the cooler wasn't exactly a mirror finish, but it was close. There were a couple of odd machine marks on the bottom, but I have seen worse.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications