The NH-C12P's heatpipes do a good job of putting the heat where it can be removed in an efficient manner. It is difficult to see here, but the pipes are actually soldered to the joints.
Here we see the fins that extend all the way to the bottom of the cooler.
The heatpipes are made of copper and coated with nickel so they won't tarnish and become unsightly. Along the top of the cooler you can see the wave pattern that is cut into each fin.
The fins that extend to the bottom of the cooler do not make it all the way to the side where the last heatpipe is located. This was intentional since you will need to fit a screw driver through the empty area when installing the cooler to a motherboard.
The area void of fins can be seen better from this angle.
With the fan installed, you can't see the missing fins. Here we see the Noctua NF-12U fan, look closely to the trailing edge of the blades and you can see the cuts made to reduce pressure.
The fan is held in place using the wire hanger method. The overall size of the cooler with the fan installed is only 114mm, much smaller than the NH-U12P.
The base of the cooler is not as reflective as other Noctua products I have tested previously, but I have seen worse from other manufacturers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives