The NH-C12P's heatpipes do a good job of putting the heat where it can be removed in an efficient manner. It is difficult to see here, but the pipes are actually soldered to the joints.
Here we see the fins that extend all the way to the bottom of the cooler.
The heatpipes are made of copper and coated with nickel so they won't tarnish and become unsightly. Along the top of the cooler you can see the wave pattern that is cut into each fin.
The fins that extend to the bottom of the cooler do not make it all the way to the side where the last heatpipe is located. This was intentional since you will need to fit a screw driver through the empty area when installing the cooler to a motherboard.
The area void of fins can be seen better from this angle.
With the fan installed, you can't see the missing fins. Here we see the Noctua NF-12U fan, look closely to the trailing edge of the blades and you can see the cuts made to reduce pressure.
The fan is held in place using the wire hanger method. The overall size of the cooler with the fan installed is only 114mm, much smaller than the NH-U12P.
The base of the cooler is not as reflective as other Noctua products I have tested previously, but I have seen worse from other manufacturers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset