Installation of a system into this product was pretty straightforward. The removable motherboard tray made it a snap to get this mATX board in place. If only all of the HTPC cases were this easy. Even with the larger of the supported boards installed, there is no lack of space. The taller design of the b-Envi makes it easy to give all of your components enough room to be happy.
This little contraption is an adapter for your 24-pin power supply connector. No, it isn't a way to make this a proprietary device, it simply adds a special connector that needs to be attached to the appropriate cable that comes from the front of the case. It allows a small amount of power to flow even when the system is off.
What is it for? Oh, I guess I forgot to mention another one of those "innovative" features, didn't I?
This photo was taken when the system was off. The manufacturer's logo is lit by a hidden display panel that sits behind the translucent plastic covering. The red circle above that logo is your power button. Simply press it and the system powers up normally. Once the system is active, there are lit icons to allow for powering the system down again, resetting the system, locking the buttons and an icon that shows hard drive activity. All of these are blue except for the HDD activity, which burns red.
This does not work like a LCD touch screen, but more like a soft touch button that sits behind a thin layer of plastic. You will be able to feel the depression of the button so you should not have any problems knowing whether or not you have activated the button you are trying to push.
Overall, a little feature that adds to the "Cool Factor" of this box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Project Scorpio has 'no real technical limit on games'
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club