Installation of a system into this product was pretty straightforward. The removable motherboard tray made it a snap to get this mATX board in place. If only all of the HTPC cases were this easy. Even with the larger of the supported boards installed, there is no lack of space. The taller design of the b-Envi makes it easy to give all of your components enough room to be happy.
This little contraption is an adapter for your 24-pin power supply connector. No, it isn't a way to make this a proprietary device, it simply adds a special connector that needs to be attached to the appropriate cable that comes from the front of the case. It allows a small amount of power to flow even when the system is off.
What is it for? Oh, I guess I forgot to mention another one of those "innovative" features, didn't I?
This photo was taken when the system was off. The manufacturer's logo is lit by a hidden display panel that sits behind the translucent plastic covering. The red circle above that logo is your power button. Simply press it and the system powers up normally. Once the system is active, there are lit icons to allow for powering the system down again, resetting the system, locking the buttons and an icon that shows hard drive activity. All of these are blue except for the HDD activity, which burns red.
This does not work like a LCD touch screen, but more like a soft touch button that sits behind a thin layer of plastic. You will be able to feel the depression of the button so you should not have any problems knowing whether or not you have activated the button you are trying to push.
Overall, a little feature that adds to the "Cool Factor" of this box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED