The 120mm fan is held on using the wire hanger method and is void of LEDs as we have come to expect from clear fans. For the adventitious, the fan does have holes on the side where LEDs can be installed; you will need to sort the wiring but with a small amount of soldering skill it would not be difficult to make a truly custom fan like the way it was done before LED fans were the norm.
From the side you can see at the top the 5mm hole that can hold an LED. There are four of these, one on each side. You can also see the four double heatpipes that make the traditional U shape. These pick up heat at the base and run it up to the fins.
The back of the fan allows us to see the wave pattern that adds surface area to the fins. Visually this is just about the only thing that differentiates the ZEN FZ 120 from other similar coolers on the market.
From this side without the fan installed we see that the heatpipes are mounted closer to the fan side of the cooler, taking advantage of the initial rush of incoming air.
ZEROtherm likes to use the "butterfly" design and it has worked well for them in the past. Here you can see the cut in the aluminium fins that aid in creating turbulence to the passing air, making the cooler more efficient.
Up until this point, everything has been perfect with the cooler but the copper base leaves us wondering why the base is not nickel coated or at least polished. As you can see, the base has small machine marks that we are used to seeing removed from the factory on enthusiast coolers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio