The Chaintech 9600GT is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Pulling it out of the box, it doesn't look like much more than a standard 9600GT. Even with the mention of OC on the box, you don't expect too much; 650/675MHz on the core, maybe.
Upon firing the card up and running 3DMark06, we had to make sure we weren't dealing with an 8800GT here. The card absolutely flies along with the 735MHz core, which is the highest out of the box core clock we've seen to date.
Chaintech could quickly become a strong competitor in the graphics card market for people looking at out of the box performance. At the moment, if you want a big OC you're best to look at the TOP series of cards from ASUS, the AMP! Edition series from Zotac and OC2 or OCX cards from BFG Tech.
The bundle is a bit on the light side in the games department, but the inclusion of the HDMI adapter is always a nice touch. The only thing Chaintech need now is a cool naming scheme for their OC line-up.
If you're looking for an ultra fast 9600GT out of the box, the Chaintech offering could be the one to get. The only problem we have with the Chaintech card is that it's not available in Australia; fortunately if you're over in the U.S. you're going to have a bit more luck in getting one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 10 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines