Core 2's family just keeps growing. Intel has really capitalised on a winning architecture. While Netburst got a few upgrades, there were never as many different variations of the same architecture to come out of the silicon giant.
Core 2 began back when Conroe started a revolution in the way we work with dual core processors. AMDs true dual core Athlon X2 showed us that the old version of slapping two dies on a single package really didn't work, and despite Intel's attempts, Pentium D really was the worst CPU to ever come off the production line.
Since then, Intel has finally learnt that a true dual core CPU could exist on its aging FSB system, but a new approach would be needed. This brought us the Core 2 Duo CPU. This works by placing the two cores on the same silicon wafer (unlike the Pentium D or Pentium Extreme Edition) and having them connected and communicating with each other through the Level 2 cache, which is a shared resource and depends on the model of the Core 2 CPU as to how much L2 cache you get.
The original Core 2 Duo based on Conroe architecture had 2MB of shared Level 2 cache. Whole Penryn based CPUs came with 6MB. This is a huge jump in size, but what about a cheaper option? Well, Intel has now come out with its latest addition to the Core 2 line; welcoming the Core 2 Duo E7000 series. This new CPU is designed to take a more mainstream and value-end stand. Its intention is to compliment and replace the already popular E4000 series of Core 2 CPUs. Today we will be testing out what the Core 2 Duo E7000 series is capable of and will pit it against its direct competition; AMD's Phenom X3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications