NVIDIAs GeForce 7 series of integrated chipsets do fill in a void, giving you a choice for an integrated system that isn't based on an Intel chipset. However, with the performance of this chipset compared to a G33 and G35 these days, Intel's chipset has the option to run six SATA ports over the aging four that NVIDIA has. And the lack of Hybrid SLI on the GeForce 7 IGP based setups leaves them in direct competition with Intel for the IGP chipset of choice, something that Intel is currently winning, especially since G35 now has DX10 support under Vista.
The layout of the board is extremely clean, and its power and overclocking features do give it a heads up over the Intel IGP based chipsets which really leave a bit to be desired on overclocking. This makes the NVIDIA chipset a lot better, especially on memory overclocking. Asynchronous memory clocks are something NVIDIA introduced and continue to support, even on its IGP based boards.
abit has again done a fantastic job. While known for more of its high-end boards, the company now offers value boards that are extremely attractive options on the market. Overall, we found the board to have a great feel and good overclocking for the budget users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Microsoft shipping HoloLens 2, directly into HoloLens 3
- Xbox boss: Microsoft is making new PC exclusive games
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league