The ThermoLab Nano Silent is a very small CPU cooler that has a market with case modders and those looking for a special application cooler. Small is in; just look at the new Apple notebook and many of the new boutique systems that are small enough to be placed on a coffee table. As computers evolve, they become smaller in all markets other than giant enthusiast systems. Before long, we will see computers the size of today's Playstation and Xbox systems since mainstream users want more space.
Since enthusiasts are generally on the leading edge of trends we will see more and more small Shuttle style systems being made, and ThermoLab has created a product to allow that to happen.
Availability is a concern at this time since I was not able to find units for sale at the retail level. As stated previously, I did find units at the export/distributer level so it won't be too long before we see the coolers offered on our favorite e-tail locations. I can't imagine the cost of the cooler going over 30 or 40 US Dollars, but that is speculation at this time.
Performance wise, the ThermoLab Nano is a good product when used appropriately with a low wattage processor. Unlike some of the other small coolers we have tested in the past, ThermoLab didn't add Intel's Extreme line of processors to their compatible list since they are not looking to make their product out to be something it isn't.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair