On the heatpipe side we see that the Nano uses two heatpipes that move heat away from the processor die and move it out to the edges of the heatsink. By spreading the heat to the outside of the heat area, more of the fin area is able to cool down the base, making for a more efficient cooler.
As stated before, the cooler with the fan is only 39mm tall. Here you can see just how small that is.
On this side image we see that the fins are not packed too tight making low speed fans ideal for cooling the heatsink. When the fins are packed close together you need a higher output fan to be able to move the air over the surface.
The Nano uses an 80mm fan with a 4-pin PWM connector, allowing your motherboard to take control of the fan speed. In our testing we use 7 and 12 volts to simulate this type of control.
From the factory, the heatsink comes with pre-installed heatsink paste pre-applied. We also get a good look at the mounting system. When installing the heatsink you will need to remove your Intel Socket 775 motherboard, place the cooler on the processor and run the supplied screws to the heatsink through the holes. The brackets on the heatsink flex allowing the correct amount of pressure to be applied to the processor.
The CPU to heatsink contact surface is shiny, but not perfectly flat. As you can see in the image, there are a few machine marks on the surface.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- Galaxy S7 battery said to last two days on single charge
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform