Aluminium casing has taken off in the last two or so years with users demanding the best performance and a fashion statement to boot. The most popular range of aluminium cases would have to be the ones made by Lian-Li. These cases were light, innovative, attractive and appealed to frequent LANers. Skyhawks, a Taiwanese company which has long been regarded for producing cost effective casing designs with bits of translucent plastic, steps into the aluminium case foray. Incidentally, the Wintunnel from Coolerguys incorporates a Skyhawks case. SkyHawk were kind enough to send us their ATX-4378C-IV aluminum PC chassis for review. Continue reading to find out our verdict about this case.
These specs were taking straight off the SkyHawk site:
* Materials: Aluminum
* Type of case: Middle Tower
* Special color coating technology which provides a mask for the aluminium surface therefore protecting it from scrapes and damage.
* Front Panel with multi-media, USB and IEEE 1394 modular Ports optional.
* Aluminium re-enforcement guider for interface cards with one 8cm ball bearing cooling fan and one fan for CPU effective heat dissipation.
* Rear 7 x expansion slots with special handing-free roll-let screws that are easy to turn off without a screwdriver.
* Dimensions: 445mm x 200mm x 411mm
* Color: Ivy, Violet, Black, Sliver, Gold.