Patriot has managed to impress us on a number of occasions, and the new Viper Fin DDR3 memory is extremely impressive to say the least. In fact, it managed to achieve some pretty high scores while keeping the voltages at the moderate level. Most boards will be able to supply 1.9v to the DDR3 memory bus without much effort, but it's when we need beyond 2v that we start to see things getting interesting. Cooling needs to be improved and the boards get a bit more selective.
The Viper Fin modules were extremely well designed for the cooling aspect; while we didn't have our temperature gun on hand for this review (it arrived after testing), the touch test at full load when overclocked was extremely good as it was only mildly warm. With good case flow these modules will cool themselves quite nicely.
As for price and availability, at the time of the review we weren't able to find many vendors with these modules, but they should start to appear pretty soon. As for price, they are on the high side, but for modules of this speed caliber, you're naturally going to pay a premium.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017