DDR3 memory is Intel's latest trump card for its Core 2 line-up. DDR3 has become known as the next evolution in memory speed; not only does it run at lower voltages than DDR2 modules, but it is also able to scale much further than DDR2 can dream of.
So far AMD has held off on the adoption of DDR3 memory into its line of CPUs, and this is because of the fact that a totally new CPU and motherboard would be needed due to the nature of the AMD memory controller placed on the CPU itself. It will take a little while longer before we see DDR3 and AMD as a combo. Until recently, only Intel P35, X38 and X48 chipsets were available to support DDR3. Now NVIDIA has joined the ranks of supporting DDR3 with the nForce 790i series of chipsets. This now gives users the option of DDR3 memory along with SLI support.
Patriot has been one of the newer companies to come on board at TweakTown to supply us with their high performance memory for testing, and so far we have been pretty impressed with their line of high performance memory. Once again they have come on board to send us their new series of DDR3 modules. Today we have Patriot's Viper Fin DDR3 2GB dual channel memory kit. How well does it work? Let's take a look'see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- Bungie makes Destiny 2 official with an artwork tease
- HTC Vive partners with WB for Ready Player One
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse