If you have a side window and are worried about seeing wires and tubing all over the place, then the PURE is the cooler for you. CoolIT has designed their coolers to be more than just functional overclocking pieces by adding an aluminium shroud that covers up all of the parts that people don't care to see. The logo that is cut into the shroud even lights up when the system is activated, giving you the peace of mind knowing that your CPU is being cooled.
Surprisingly there are not a lot of wires running all over the place as you might have expected. Here you see that the pump is mounted to the radiator. The radiator is then mounted to a fan shroud and then to the fan. It is possible to mount the fan directly to the radiator and then attach the shroud or just eliminate the shroud completely depending on your case.
The electronics involved are taken care of by the small circuit board that is attached to the radiator.
Tubing is held secure with clamps that make it nearly impossible for the system to leak. Since everything is self contained there is no reason to break the seal.
The fan is a special application low noise unit that is designed to keep the system quiet. Adventurous types may want to add a more powerful fan for some extreme overclocking fun while others may look to silent fans to reduce noise. Either way, the option is available.
The system is pretty long; here we see the system on its end and the length involved. For a standard full or mid-tower the system is fine, but don't start planning on HTPC use without some modifications.
When the system is powered on, the two cut-outs come to life with a blue green glow.
From the factory the PURE comes with pre-applied heatsink compound.
With the compound removed we see the base is smoothed to a mirror surface that is very reflective. This will promote better contact with the CPU giving the processor a lower temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 to cost little over $900
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller