Control and Playback Features
The software included with the Prelude is quite intuitive and features three different control skins, depending on your needs. The user either selects the mode for gaming and entertainment, or music production. The decision to make individual operation modes for the control centre greatly cuts down on clutter and allows for a slick and easy to learn interface.
One of the more interesting features is the X-Fi Crystallizer which is a native feature of the chip implemented to give greater dynamic range to audio that might be victim to heavy compression. I found this to enhance bass response very well and to also give a smoother warmer midrange to the audio. I cannot speak highly enough of this handy little tool.
We also get a compressor built in to the entertainment mode which is called smart volume management, and this limits dynamic range to allow for greater playback volumes on tracks which may be lacking in gain; really handy to have.
Naturally we are also given the latest EAX algorithms for a vast selection of surround FX and environments to play with; more of a gamers feature than anything, but can be fun to play with too.
We are also given CMSS-3D surround which can up-mix any two channel signal to match the surround system being used. So, even with 7.1 and only a two channel signal, CMSS will make sure every last speaker comes to life.
I really like this control center, more than any other I have used before in fact. Although it hogs RAM, it does a great job at displaying all of the many capabilities of this board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD