* AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ
* Soyo K7ADA
* 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
* Prolink PixelView Geforce3 64MB
* IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
* Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
* AOpen 52x CDROM
* AOpen 300watt PSU
To test the Lian-Li PC65 I took System and CPU temperatures. To put these results in perspective, I compared the Lian-Li's cooling ability to that of my AOpen HX45 steel case. Please note that the HX45 had no case fans installed and all of the results are in ºC.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC65 reduced both CPU and System temperatures by a significant amount. This is mainly due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel. The case fans provided with the PC65 also played a part in reducing temperatures.
I found that installing my system into the PC65 was extremely easy and the removable motherboard tray was very useful. I did have a few complaints about it though. Firstly, my beige CDROM/Floppy drives looked quite odd in the aluminium case. To combat this problem, many people have done what is called a "Stealth Mod", which is simply putting the drive bay cover over the CDROM face plate. Another thing I noticed was that the aluminium case is prone to fingerprints. These are easily removed by using some sort of cleaning product such as "Windex".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 1
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 2
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio