* AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ
* Soyo K7ADA
* 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
* Prolink PixelView Geforce3 64MB
* IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
* Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
* AOpen 52x CDROM
* AOpen 300watt PSU
To test the Lian-Li PC65 I took System and CPU temperatures. To put these results in perspective, I compared the Lian-Li's cooling ability to that of my AOpen HX45 steel case. Please note that the HX45 had no case fans installed and all of the results are in ºC.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC65 reduced both CPU and System temperatures by a significant amount. This is mainly due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel. The case fans provided with the PC65 also played a part in reducing temperatures.
I found that installing my system into the PC65 was extremely easy and the removable motherboard tray was very useful. I did have a few complaints about it though. Firstly, my beige CDROM/Floppy drives looked quite odd in the aluminium case. To combat this problem, many people have done what is called a "Stealth Mod", which is simply putting the drive bay cover over the CDROM face plate. Another thing I noticed was that the aluminium case is prone to fingerprints. These are easily removed by using some sort of cleaning product such as "Windex".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 1
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 2
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand