* AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ
* Soyo K7ADA
* 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
* Prolink PixelView Geforce3 64MB
* IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
* Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
* AOpen 52x CDROM
* AOpen 300watt PSU
To test the Lian-Li PC65 I took System and CPU temperatures. To put these results in perspective, I compared the Lian-Li's cooling ability to that of my AOpen HX45 steel case. Please note that the HX45 had no case fans installed and all of the results are in ºC.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC65 reduced both CPU and System temperatures by a significant amount. This is mainly due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel. The case fans provided with the PC65 also played a part in reducing temperatures.
I found that installing my system into the PC65 was extremely easy and the removable motherboard tray was very useful. I did have a few complaints about it though. Firstly, my beige CDROM/Floppy drives looked quite odd in the aluminium case. To combat this problem, many people have done what is called a "Stealth Mod", which is simply putting the drive bay cover over the CDROM face plate. Another thing I noticed was that the aluminium case is prone to fingerprints. These are easily removed by using some sort of cleaning product such as "Windex".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 1
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 2
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards