* AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ
* Soyo K7ADA
* 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
* Prolink PixelView Geforce3 64MB
* IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
* Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
* AOpen 52x CDROM
* AOpen 300watt PSU
To test the Lian-Li PC65 I took System and CPU temperatures. To put these results in perspective, I compared the Lian-Li's cooling ability to that of my AOpen HX45 steel case. Please note that the HX45 had no case fans installed and all of the results are in ºC.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC65 reduced both CPU and System temperatures by a significant amount. This is mainly due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel. The case fans provided with the PC65 also played a part in reducing temperatures.
I found that installing my system into the PC65 was extremely easy and the removable motherboard tray was very useful. I did have a few complaints about it though. Firstly, my beige CDROM/Floppy drives looked quite odd in the aluminium case. To combat this problem, many people have done what is called a "Stealth Mod", which is simply putting the drive bay cover over the CDROM face plate. Another thing I noticed was that the aluminium case is prone to fingerprints. These are easily removed by using some sort of cleaning product such as "Windex".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 1
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 2
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni