* AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ
* Soyo K7ADA
* 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
* Prolink PixelView Geforce3 64MB
* IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
* Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
* AOpen 52x CDROM
* AOpen 300watt PSU
To test the Lian-Li PC65 I took System and CPU temperatures. To put these results in perspective, I compared the Lian-Li's cooling ability to that of my AOpen HX45 steel case. Please note that the HX45 had no case fans installed and all of the results are in ºC.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC65 reduced both CPU and System temperatures by a significant amount. This is mainly due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel. The case fans provided with the PC65 also played a part in reducing temperatures.
I found that installing my system into the PC65 was extremely easy and the removable motherboard tray was very useful. I did have a few complaints about it though. Firstly, my beige CDROM/Floppy drives looked quite odd in the aluminium case. To combat this problem, many people have done what is called a "Stealth Mod", which is simply putting the drive bay cover over the CDROM face plate. Another thing I noticed was that the aluminium case is prone to fingerprints. These are easily removed by using some sort of cleaning product such as "Windex".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 1
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 2
- Lian-Li PC65 USB Case Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives