DFI has gone for the traditional Award BIOS setup which quite honestly has always been the best setup of all, though this may possibly change when EFI takes off. The Genie BIOS setup menu contains all the overclocking controls needed.
CPU Clock: 200 - 700 in 1MHz Increments
PCI-E Clock: 100 - 150 in 1MHz Increments
CPU VID Control: 0.44357v to 1.6v in 0.0125v increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.71v to 3.04v in various Increments
SB Core/CPU PLL Voltage: 1.51v to 2.38v in Various Increments
NB Core Voltage: 1.265v to 2.040 in Various Increments
CPU VTT: 1.211v to 1.61v in Various Increments
ClockGEN Voltage Control: 3.45v to 3.85v in various Increments
Being a DDR2 based board we didn't expect a huge FSB out of the X48 chipset due to limited DDR2 dividers, however we did manage to make a good fight out if it. We managed to get this board to 532MHz FSB without too much effort. We did raise the CPU core voltage just a tad, and the memory voltage was up at over 2.3v to get it stable. We also had to play with the ClockGEN voltage to get it all going nicely though the tests, but all was stable and I must say shows for a very tweakable board.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Transition between zones 'is seamless' in The Division
- NVIDIA rumored to use GDDR5X on next-gen Pascal-based GPUs
- Halo 5 requires 60GB of HDD space on Xbox One
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS