The difference between the XiR-2300 and XiR-3500 is in the cooling fins on top. Here you can see that the 3500 has copper fins where the heat is dumped into the air inside of the case.
On the side we see the fins and how thin they are. Note the aluminium heatsink on the bottom, just above the heatpipes.
If you have seen one side you have seen them all.
Here we see the aluminium heatsink that rests above the fins. When the air passes through the fin area it blows on these fins and aids in cooling the processor.
On top we found the same fan used on the XiR-2300. The fan lights up with two orange LEDs and is recessed inside of the copper.
I found the wire for the XiR-3500 to be long enough to connect to any of the motherboard fan headers if needed. Since all boards keep the CPU fan header close to the CPU, Nexus has included a small piece of heat shrink tubing so you can tuck the extra wire away.
The business side of the heatsink looks just as good as everything we have seen so far. The cooler has a mirror finish and will make very good contact with the CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio