The main thing to look at with the reference based GX2s is the sticker that they choose to use on the card. In this case GIGABYTE has opted for the same design used on the front of their box which looks very cool.
What's cool about the GIGABYTE card is that they've also placed a sticker on the other side of the card so you can actually see what brand it is when installed in your case.
The rear of the card has a number of vents where the air is pulled in via the fan to help keep the two cores at a reasonable temperature.
Across the top of the card we have with us two PCI Express power connectors; one is the standard 6-pin connector that we're used to seeing, and the other is the 8-pin. Fortunately, if you don't have an 8-pin connector on your power supply then you can use the provided cable in the box.
Next to the power connectors we also have a little square; under that is the port for the loop back cable if you want to make use of the HDMI port and have sound carried through it.
Continuing across the top of the card we find ourselves with a little latch which reveals a single SLI connector. Unlike the 9800 GTX which has two connectors and supports up to three cards, the GX2 has only a single one supporting up to two. Fortunately, two of these cards give you the grand total of four cores.
The I/O side of things is just as you would expect for a reference based 9800 GX2. We have two Dual Link DVI connectors along with a HDMI port. We also have some vents at the bottom which let the hot air get out of the case.
Like we mentioned earlier, the 9800 GX2 from GIGABYTE is just a reference design, so we find ourselves with the standard 600MHz Core, 1500MHz Shader Clock and 2000MHz DDR memory clock on the 1GB of GDDR3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni