The main thing to look at with the reference based GX2s is the sticker that they choose to use on the card. In this case GIGABYTE has opted for the same design used on the front of their box which looks very cool.
What's cool about the GIGABYTE card is that they've also placed a sticker on the other side of the card so you can actually see what brand it is when installed in your case.
The rear of the card has a number of vents where the air is pulled in via the fan to help keep the two cores at a reasonable temperature.
Across the top of the card we have with us two PCI Express power connectors; one is the standard 6-pin connector that we're used to seeing, and the other is the 8-pin. Fortunately, if you don't have an 8-pin connector on your power supply then you can use the provided cable in the box.
Next to the power connectors we also have a little square; under that is the port for the loop back cable if you want to make use of the HDMI port and have sound carried through it.
Continuing across the top of the card we find ourselves with a little latch which reveals a single SLI connector. Unlike the 9800 GTX which has two connectors and supports up to three cards, the GX2 has only a single one supporting up to two. Fortunately, two of these cards give you the grand total of four cores.
The I/O side of things is just as you would expect for a reference based 9800 GX2. We have two Dual Link DVI connectors along with a HDMI port. We also have some vents at the bottom which let the hot air get out of the case.
Like we mentioned earlier, the 9800 GX2 from GIGABYTE is just a reference design, so we find ourselves with the standard 600MHz Core, 1500MHz Shader Clock and 2000MHz DDR memory clock on the 1GB of GDDR3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage