TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
As you can see, the Nexus XiR-2300 delivers big time performance and beats our Noctua NH-U12P in the single fan configuration. This makes it one of the highest performing CPU coolers we have tested and the best on load out of the box since the Noctua only comes from the factory with one fan.
Here we see that the XiR-2300 is a quiet heatsink and fan combo, but we have tested coolers that are quieter. The numbers, even though accurate and done in a scientific fashion, are a little misleading. Even though the cooler is not the quietest we have tested, there is a ceiling or in this case a floor for performance. The floor varies from person to person based on what they can hear, but even at full tilt I can't hear the fan on the cooler at 2 feet away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080