In this image we see the four 6mm heatpipes that move heat from the bottom copper plate to the upper dispersion area. You can also see the small piece of heat shrink tubing that allows you to tuck the extra cable length away so it is not in your way.
A look at the side of the cooler exposes the thin aluminium fins and the length of the copper heatpipes. Notice on the bottom that the XiR-2300 has a fin area attached directly to the top of the heatpipes to aid in cooling the processor.
Here we see more of the secondary fin area that sits on top of the heatpipes. Many companies just sandwich the pipes with smooth metal plates and don't take advantage of heatsinks in this area.
The other side is very similar to the first side we took a look at.
From the top you can see that the fan sits down inside of the fins. The fan has two orange LEDs inside for some extra fun with the product.
Here is a closer look at the cabling system; just pull out what you need to make the connection and you can keep the rest tucked in nicely.
The contact area between the CPU and heatsink is very smooth. I am afraid to touch it because if I did I know I would never get this amount of reflection back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google might be planning on launching new VR headset later this year
- MSI launches GT72S G Tobii gaming laptop with eye-tracking, GTX 980M
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility done in error, removed
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance