The founding fathers of Nexus had a dream, a dream that one-day end users could use powerful computers without the need for earplugs. While it may seem as a play on words and a couple of phrases from famous speeches, the statement holds true, Nexus is all about quiet computing.
I first learned of Nexus Technology when they sent over a handful of their Basic Series Case Fans. I found use for the 92mm right off of the bat for my HTPC that was housed in a Silver Stone LM14. The case fan from Silver Stone was very audible from the factory and needed to be changed. The 120mm and 80mm Basic Series fans have been used on a couple of CPU coolers that came to the lab in a passive form, and I have been very impressed with them.
Today we will be looking at the Nexus XiR-2300 Aluminum Edition CPU Cooler. This product was designed by Nexus to keep a CPU cool while reducing the audible fan noise that is typical in stock fans. As you can imagine, if this XiR-2300 has the Aluminum label then there is a copper version as well. We will be looking at the XiR-3500 Copper Edition later this week.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio