The founding fathers of Nexus had a dream, a dream that one-day end users could use powerful computers without the need for earplugs. While it may seem as a play on words and a couple of phrases from famous speeches, the statement holds true, Nexus is all about quiet computing.
I first learned of Nexus Technology when they sent over a handful of their Basic Series Case Fans. I found use for the 92mm right off of the bat for my HTPC that was housed in a Silver Stone LM14. The case fan from Silver Stone was very audible from the factory and needed to be changed. The 120mm and 80mm Basic Series fans have been used on a couple of CPU coolers that came to the lab in a passive form, and I have been very impressed with them.
Today we will be looking at the Nexus XiR-2300 Aluminum Edition CPU Cooler. This product was designed by Nexus to keep a CPU cool while reducing the audible fan noise that is typical in stock fans. As you can imagine, if this XiR-2300 has the Aluminum label then there is a copper version as well. We will be looking at the XiR-3500 Copper Edition later this week.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- San Jose's Cogswell College announces VR/AR certificate program
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched