The founding fathers of Nexus had a dream, a dream that one-day end users could use powerful computers without the need for earplugs. While it may seem as a play on words and a couple of phrases from famous speeches, the statement holds true, Nexus is all about quiet computing.
I first learned of Nexus Technology when they sent over a handful of their Basic Series Case Fans. I found use for the 92mm right off of the bat for my HTPC that was housed in a Silver Stone LM14. The case fan from Silver Stone was very audible from the factory and needed to be changed. The 120mm and 80mm Basic Series fans have been used on a couple of CPU coolers that came to the lab in a passive form, and I have been very impressed with them.
Today we will be looking at the Nexus XiR-2300 Aluminum Edition CPU Cooler. This product was designed by Nexus to keep a CPU cool while reducing the audible fan noise that is typical in stock fans. As you can imagine, if this XiR-2300 has the Aluminum label then there is a copper version as well. We will be looking at the XiR-3500 Copper Edition later this week.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now