While the performance numbers aren't exactly stellar, upon pulling the card out of the box and being greeted with that native HDMI port, this card just screamed HTPC. GDDR2 1GB cards actually come in cheaper than GDDR3 512MB ones, so it's not like you're paying more for worse performance.
GDDR2 is really becoming a bit old for gaming graphics cards. The lack of speed available on the memory means that we end up with some pretty dismal results.
The last time we looked at a Diamond graphics card we were quite impressed, but this HD 3650 is a bit lack luster with poor performance and a very limited package. Personally I think that Diamond should have chosen to include a HDMI cable with the bundle and market it as more of a HTPC card.
Its single slot design and decent noise levels mean it would be a good addition for a HTPC.
The Diamond HD 3650 1GB isn't a bad card, it's just nothing all that great. These amounts of memory should really be reserved for only the highest end of cards. Dropping back to 512MB and adding a bit more of a bundle could have meant that the price would be similar and performance almost identical.
The higher end Diamond stuff is exciting, but unfortunately a card like this one with a minimal bundle doesn't have a lot to offer people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse