Upon opening the box I immediately noticed that the board had an attractive dark red PCB. Although you won't really see the PCB unless you have some sort of case window, it is still a welcome change from the regular light brown or green PCBs we are used to seeing. The 4VPX266A features 3 DDR DIMM slots, 5 PCI slots, 1 AGP4x slot and an ACR slot. The P4X266 chipset supports 3.3v AGP2x devices however, the ACorp 4VPX266A only supports 1.5v AGP4x devices. This means that you will not be able to use a 3.3v AGP2x device, such as the 3dfx Voodoo 5 if you decide to purchase the 4VPX266A. ACorp decided to include an onboard VIA 10/100 ethernet controller on the 4VPX266A instead of onboard sound.
VIA 10/100 LAN Controller
Unlike the AV40, The 4VPX266A's FDD header is well placed. However, its ATX connector is in a position that requires you to run the power cable over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The 4VPX266A's North Bridge is cooled by a green colored, passive heatsink. Although not as robust as the AV40's North Bridge cooling solution, the passive heatsink was more than sufficient.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand