Upon opening the box I immediately noticed that the board had an attractive dark red PCB. Although you won't really see the PCB unless you have some sort of case window, it is still a welcome change from the regular light brown or green PCBs we are used to seeing. The 4VPX266A features 3 DDR DIMM slots, 5 PCI slots, 1 AGP4x slot and an ACR slot. The P4X266 chipset supports 3.3v AGP2x devices however, the ACorp 4VPX266A only supports 1.5v AGP4x devices. This means that you will not be able to use a 3.3v AGP2x device, such as the 3dfx Voodoo 5 if you decide to purchase the 4VPX266A. ACorp decided to include an onboard VIA 10/100 ethernet controller on the 4VPX266A instead of onboard sound.
VIA 10/100 LAN Controller
Unlike the AV40, The 4VPX266A's FDD header is well placed. However, its ATX connector is in a position that requires you to run the power cable over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The 4VPX266A's North Bridge is cooled by a green colored, passive heatsink. Although not as robust as the AV40's North Bridge cooling solution, the passive heatsink was more than sufficient.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- Latest Final Fantasy XIV patch loaded with new content
- Destiny 2 coming to PC with major improvements
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now