As you can see in the diagram below, the P4X266's North Bridge provides support for regular SDRAM and DDR SDRAM. The DDR memory controller is the same as the one found in VIA's latest revision of the KT266 chipset, the KT266A. This controller supports up to 4GB 200/266MHz DDR SDRAM. The P4X266 chipset also uses the same V-Link interface and AGP 4x controller that we saw in the KT266 chipset.
The P4X266 chipset is compatible with both the Socket 423 and Socket 478 form factors. The newer Socket 478 form factor will be used for future Pentium 4 processors such as the soon to be released Northwood based Pentium 4. The P4X266 motherboards we are testing today both feature the Socket 478 design.
Adding to the list of similarities of the KT266 chipset, the P4X266 features the VT8233 South Bridge. This South Bridge has a built in Ethernet controller, three USB controllers, two ATA100/66/33 controllers and support for an integrated 56k modem. The VT8233 also features 6 channel AC-97 sound. The South Bridge and North Bridge communicate through an 8bit V-Link bus that can transfer at speeds of up to 266MB/sec.
We have been given the opportunity to review two P4X266 motherboards. These are the Shuttle AV40R and the ACorp 4VPX266A. Before we move on to the benchmarks, lets take a look at each board individually.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio