The GIGABYTE G-Power 2 Pro is without a doubt a true performer that enthusiasts will love. Not only does it do a good job of reducing CPU temperatures but it will also work at cooling down your motherboard in a two birds with one stone fashion.
Silent computing guys can take refuge with the G-Power 2 Pro also; the cooler is dead silent in most situations, and the only exception would be in the HTPC environment as the cooler is near but not totally silent when watching movies or crunching a heavy workload.
The size of the cooler might be a limiting factor in some cases, mainly HTPC. Standing erect at 162mm tall from the base to the top of the fan shroud the G-Power 2 Pro is one of the taller heatsinks on the market. The good news is this usually equals good performance numbers and as we have seen in the testing results, the cooler backs up that theory.
Mounting the cooler to the T.E.C.C. was very easy as was a full on motherboard installation. AMD owners will not need to remove the motherboard from their system to install the G-Power 2 Pro but Intel users will not be so lucky. In the future I would like to see GIGABYTE move to a push pin mounting system for their Intel installation like we are starting to see some of the other companies move to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni