The GIGABYTE G-Power 2 Pro is without a doubt a true performer that enthusiasts will love. Not only does it do a good job of reducing CPU temperatures but it will also work at cooling down your motherboard in a two birds with one stone fashion.
Silent computing guys can take refuge with the G-Power 2 Pro also; the cooler is dead silent in most situations, and the only exception would be in the HTPC environment as the cooler is near but not totally silent when watching movies or crunching a heavy workload.
The size of the cooler might be a limiting factor in some cases, mainly HTPC. Standing erect at 162mm tall from the base to the top of the fan shroud the G-Power 2 Pro is one of the taller heatsinks on the market. The good news is this usually equals good performance numbers and as we have seen in the testing results, the cooler backs up that theory.
Mounting the cooler to the T.E.C.C. was very easy as was a full on motherboard installation. AMD owners will not need to remove the motherboard from their system to install the G-Power 2 Pro but Intel users will not be so lucky. In the future I would like to see GIGABYTE move to a push pin mounting system for their Intel installation like we are starting to see some of the other companies move to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- what you can get 's a cuddle
- comment on joint sinks into Billboard's number one Three songs of the
- sticked at the apartment
- Balochistan to the south west place most typically associated with Pa
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines