Like most high-end cards from ASUS, we have ourselves quite a large box that we can imagine would be a bit of a pain to ship. The box is actually quite plain with the majority of the box just showing a single colour across most of it. The right does have a picture of the girl we've seen on a number of other ASUS boxes in the past.
The top of the card mentions the brand while the bottom of the card gives us the model, and above that we have some of the specs on the card like the fact that 512MB of GDDR3 memory is used, PCI Express 2.0 support along with mention of some of the extra programs that ASUS include.
Turning the box over we get some more details on the 9800 GTX core along with some explanations on the software that ASUS includes in the package; this includes GamerOSD, Smart Doctor and more.
With the outside of the box done, it's time to dive inside and see what exactly we have with us. The paperwork department is pretty standard as usual with the speed setup guide, we also have the standard driver disc which includes some of the specific ASUS applications. Alongside that, we have the multi language manual CD if you're interested in a bit of light reading.
The cable department also gives us a pretty standard setup with a DVI to VGA connector, Molex to PCI Express power connector and a component out cable.
Alongside all the normal stuff we also have the CD Wallet that we see on the higher end cards from ASUS. What they've done though is move away from the black one, they're now using this brown one which not only looks like better quality, but feels it as well.
It's disappointing to see that ASUS has opted not to include any games with the card, considering it's the second highest model from NVIDIA at the moment. Hopefully ASUS re-evaluate this when they release the TOP model, which we're sure isn't that far away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti