Setup and Technical Overview
Setting up these speakers is no different to any other analog 5.1 system, you simply match the colours up when connecting the speakers and also from the sub to the sound card or on-board audio terminals if that's your suit. There are also wall mount options included in the package.
Looking at the dimensions now; the Subwoofer - (H) 12.75" x (W) 9.25" x (D) 10.00", Satellites - (H) 7.00" x (W) 3.50" x (D) 2.50", Center Satellite - (H) 4.75" x (W) 5.25" (D) 2.50". Each tall speaker is shielded and features a fixed rear cable which terminates in an RCA plug at the rear of the sub unit.
The right speaker contains the volume and fade controls along with the power button. The sub is made from an MDF box coated in plastic or vinyl. It is of the front firing bass reflex breed and also features two small bass ports.
Bass control is on the rear of the unit, via a very small and tricky knob. The system's power figures are as follows; 51 watts total RMS Satellites - 6 watts/ch x 5 @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Sub woofer - 21 watts @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Unfortunately there are no figures given for the system's frequency response, which is interesting as it is quite the norm these days.
Okay then, now that we have a picture of what we're dealing with, it's time to delve into the performance side of things. As usual, I will be taking on the system's musical prowess initially, and then will move onto other areas subsequently.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse