Setup and Technical Overview
Setting up these speakers is no different to any other analog 5.1 system, you simply match the colours up when connecting the speakers and also from the sub to the sound card or on-board audio terminals if that's your suit. There are also wall mount options included in the package.
Looking at the dimensions now; the Subwoofer - (H) 12.75" x (W) 9.25" x (D) 10.00", Satellites - (H) 7.00" x (W) 3.50" x (D) 2.50", Center Satellite - (H) 4.75" x (W) 5.25" (D) 2.50". Each tall speaker is shielded and features a fixed rear cable which terminates in an RCA plug at the rear of the sub unit.
The right speaker contains the volume and fade controls along with the power button. The sub is made from an MDF box coated in plastic or vinyl. It is of the front firing bass reflex breed and also features two small bass ports.
Bass control is on the rear of the unit, via a very small and tricky knob. The system's power figures are as follows; 51 watts total RMS Satellites - 6 watts/ch x 5 @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Sub woofer - 21 watts @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Unfortunately there are no figures given for the system's frequency response, which is interesting as it is quite the norm these days.
Okay then, now that we have a picture of what we're dealing with, it's time to delve into the performance side of things. As usual, I will be taking on the system's musical prowess initially, and then will move onto other areas subsequently.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook