Setup and Technical Overview
Setting up these speakers is no different to any other analog 5.1 system, you simply match the colours up when connecting the speakers and also from the sub to the sound card or on-board audio terminals if that's your suit. There are also wall mount options included in the package.
Looking at the dimensions now; the Subwoofer - (H) 12.75" x (W) 9.25" x (D) 10.00", Satellites - (H) 7.00" x (W) 3.50" x (D) 2.50", Center Satellite - (H) 4.75" x (W) 5.25" (D) 2.50". Each tall speaker is shielded and features a fixed rear cable which terminates in an RCA plug at the rear of the sub unit.
The right speaker contains the volume and fade controls along with the power button. The sub is made from an MDF box coated in plastic or vinyl. It is of the front firing bass reflex breed and also features two small bass ports.
Bass control is on the rear of the unit, via a very small and tricky knob. The system's power figures are as follows; 51 watts total RMS Satellites - 6 watts/ch x 5 @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Sub woofer - 21 watts @ 4 ohm - 10% THD. Unfortunately there are no figures given for the system's frequency response, which is interesting as it is quite the norm these days.
Okay then, now that we have a picture of what we're dealing with, it's time to delve into the performance side of things. As usual, I will be taking on the system's musical prowess initially, and then will move onto other areas subsequently.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4