To test the Coolink ChipChilla I used a standard NVIDIA 680i SLI motherboard that was provided to me by XFX (Pine Technology) more than a year ago. The 680i SLI chipset has a reputation of running hot, even at idle running stock speeds. This makes it the perfect motherboard to test the ChipChilla .or so I thought.
The NVIDIA MCP; the Southbridge is cooled by the Northbridge cooler via a heatpipe that goes from one to the other. A custom Southbridge cooler needed to be fabricated, so I took one from another motherboard that made the cooling for the Southbridge active.
The next hurdle came in the temperature monitor; NVIDIA has started that their internal thermal probe has some issues with giving accurate readings. To solve this problem I placed a thermal probe on the side of the MCP chip to get an accurate reading from the SPP.
The Coolink ChipChilla does a very good job at cooling the Northbridge, a large improvement over the stock cooler. In most cases, the rule is that the cooler you can keep a chip, the faster you are able to run it.
My biggest complaint for the Reference SPP Cooler is that it is without a doubt the loudest fan in my gaming computer. The ChipChilla is much quieter; it is actually so quiet that I had a difficult time getting an accurate reading since the stock NVIDIA 8800 GTX cooler was louder than the ChipChilla.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Battlefield series interface launches on PS4
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller