To test the Coolink ChipChilla I used a standard NVIDIA 680i SLI motherboard that was provided to me by XFX (Pine Technology) more than a year ago. The 680i SLI chipset has a reputation of running hot, even at idle running stock speeds. This makes it the perfect motherboard to test the ChipChilla .or so I thought.
The NVIDIA MCP; the Southbridge is cooled by the Northbridge cooler via a heatpipe that goes from one to the other. A custom Southbridge cooler needed to be fabricated, so I took one from another motherboard that made the cooling for the Southbridge active.
The next hurdle came in the temperature monitor; NVIDIA has started that their internal thermal probe has some issues with giving accurate readings. To solve this problem I placed a thermal probe on the side of the MCP chip to get an accurate reading from the SPP.
The Coolink ChipChilla does a very good job at cooling the Northbridge, a large improvement over the stock cooler. In most cases, the rule is that the cooler you can keep a chip, the faster you are able to run it.
My biggest complaint for the Reference SPP Cooler is that it is without a doubt the loudest fan in my gaming computer. The ChipChilla is much quieter; it is actually so quiet that I had a difficult time getting an accurate reading since the stock NVIDIA 8800 GTX cooler was louder than the ChipChilla.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- ارقام تليفونات شارب || 01014723434 || توكيل تكيف شارب || 01225025360 |
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience