The ChipChilla uses an eleven-blade fan to cool the fins that dissipate heat from the chipset.
The backside of the cooler allows us to see the heatpipe and how it passes through the fins.
Here we see the thin, 10mm fan attached to the cooler. Note that on the bottom of the cooler is a thin copper shim that pulls the heat out of the chipset and sends it on to the heatpipe.
The other side is the same as the first side above. In this image you can see the 3-pin power connector for the fan. The cable is long enough to reach just about any fan header on the motherboard so if you do not have a 3 or 4-pin header close to the chipset the cooler is able to reach out to make the proper connection.
The bottom of the cooler is copper but the surface still has some machine marks. To the touch the copper slug feels smooth. Note in this image that the cooler comes with some of the mounting hardware already attached. Installing the fan is very easy outside and inside of the computer chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series