The ChipChilla uses an eleven-blade fan to cool the fins that dissipate heat from the chipset.
The backside of the cooler allows us to see the heatpipe and how it passes through the fins.
Here we see the thin, 10mm fan attached to the cooler. Note that on the bottom of the cooler is a thin copper shim that pulls the heat out of the chipset and sends it on to the heatpipe.
The other side is the same as the first side above. In this image you can see the 3-pin power connector for the fan. The cable is long enough to reach just about any fan header on the motherboard so if you do not have a 3 or 4-pin header close to the chipset the cooler is able to reach out to make the proper connection.
The bottom of the cooler is copper but the surface still has some machine marks. To the touch the copper slug feels smooth. Note in this image that the cooler comes with some of the mounting hardware already attached. Installing the fan is very easy outside and inside of the computer chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup