When Coolink first notified me about the ChipChilla, the first thing I thought of was the reference NVIDIA 680i motherboard and how loud the stock chipset cooler is. Coolink advertises the ChipChilla as a solution for overheating Northbridge chipsets, and while it is true that a few of the current chipsets get very hot, they rarely overheat to the point of failure. It is not a coincidence that the chipsets that run hot are also the ones with very loud fans, opening the door for an aftermarket solution.
Recently I tested the Coolink GFXChilla in our Mega 9-way VGA Cooler Roundup and found that the cooler performed very well for its size and that the unit was well made. The ChipChilla at first glance appears to follow the same lines as the GFXChilla, and the two when used in combination would add visual appeal to a system.
Today I will be looking at the Coolink ChipChilla and comparing it to the stock NVIDIA chipset cooler found on the reference 680i. In this article, I will test the cooler for effectiveness to dissipate a fully loaded system, and the acoustic impact to do so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience