Unlike the Hitachi drive we just tested the other day, the Momentus drive came to us OEM style; that is, with no box. So we start off straight away by looking at the drive itself.
On the whole, the drive looks almost identical to the Hitachi drive, there are no special windows to see into the drive which would be a waste for a notebook, server or HTPC. The label on the top of the drive has the model number, capacity and all the extra info of the drive's manufacturer.
As with most notebook drives, on the bottom the PCB is totally bare at its base. Thanks to miniaturised circuits the controller chips, resistors and voltage regulators are placed between the bottom of the drive case and top of the PCB.
Lastly we see the back of the drive. Thanks to the standardisation of the Serial ATA protocol the drive has the same SATA data and power connectors so you can use them in HTPC's or any other desktop/notebook PC that has a Serial ATA interface.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20