Another day, another hard disk review; and again we have ourselves a notebook drive. It seems to be the trend of making things smaller and more energy efficient; one thing that can be said for sure is that notebooks are the most power efficient units around, certainly when compared to a desktop PC. Notebooks usually come with a 60-80 watt power brick that can run a 2GHz CPU, high-end 3D graphics card, a monitor and all the additional storage mediums used like the HDD, optical drives and even card readers. It's no wonder notebook 2.5" drives are so popular these days.
When it comes to certain scenarios the notebook drive is extremely versatile. First off, for the HTPC and Digital Home setup, the hard disk drive is only there for storage of the operating system as well as storing digital content for playback. USB based drives are able to handle this without any problems, though 2.5" drives out perform these drives quite noticeably and even serve as a well balanced medium for small file servers with restricted space.
Today we have been sent Seagate's new notebook drive, the Momentus 5400.4. This is the fourth generation of Momentus drives; the last one we managed to have a look at out-pioneered the use of Perpendicular recording methods when it first arrived, proving it could easily handle extra data as well as increase speeds. Today we have the latest addition sprouting 250GB capacity. Let's see if it brings anything new to the table.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent