Another day, another hard disk review; and again we have ourselves a notebook drive. It seems to be the trend of making things smaller and more energy efficient; one thing that can be said for sure is that notebooks are the most power efficient units around, certainly when compared to a desktop PC. Notebooks usually come with a 60-80 watt power brick that can run a 2GHz CPU, high-end 3D graphics card, a monitor and all the additional storage mediums used like the HDD, optical drives and even card readers. It's no wonder notebook 2.5" drives are so popular these days.
When it comes to certain scenarios the notebook drive is extremely versatile. First off, for the HTPC and Digital Home setup, the hard disk drive is only there for storage of the operating system as well as storing digital content for playback. USB based drives are able to handle this without any problems, though 2.5" drives out perform these drives quite noticeably and even serve as a well balanced medium for small file servers with restricted space.
Today we have been sent Seagate's new notebook drive, the Momentus 5400.4. This is the fourth generation of Momentus drives; the last one we managed to have a look at out-pioneered the use of Perpendicular recording methods when it first arrived, proving it could easily handle extra data as well as increase speeds. Today we have the latest addition sprouting 250GB capacity. Let's see if it brings anything new to the table.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'