In The Box
Dragging all the goodies out of the box shows a very compact setup. Included in the package is the receiver unit, an input cable, a USB cable, an antenna, a remote control, a soft carrying pouch and the software disk that allows your computer to communicate with, display and record content from the receiver. Although there is no instruction manual included, there is one on the utility installation disk, but use of this product is pretty much a no-brainer.
While this unit is designed to be used to pick up over-the-air signals, the input cable allows you to attach it to a digital signal from another source. This can be accomplished by either an S-Video connection or a Composite + L/R.
As noted above, this unit is very compact. Measurements of the unit itself are roughly 3" x 5" with the antenna port adding about 3/4" to the length. It is made from a sturdy plastic and the top is made with a gloss finish to enhance the appearance.
The ports on the rear facing are pretty basic but do everything necessary to give you good display capabilities. From left to right you have the antenna port, the A/V In port and the USB port. All cabling is included with this package.
The antenna is simple to install in that it just screws in to the port. With the antenna fully extended, it brings the overall height of the GT device to just under 12". While this is fine for outdoor use or use close to an exterior window, you will find that indoor use fares much better with an alternative input method. Remember, the availability of over-the-air HD signals is still spotty inside the States, but this is changing more and more on a daily basis. Even in a mid-sized city like mine I was able to pick up both analog and digital signals, and a couple of our channels have even begun to broadcast their HD signals as well. This will only get better in time, but as long as you live in a relatively medium sized city or bigger, you should have plenty of signals floating across the airwaves.
Above is the unit and the antenna in the included soft pouch. While this is a very small and convenient means to carry your receiver around, the pouch is not made to carry the cabling with it and the thought of adding your remote to this is impossible. Not everyone carries a large tote for their laptop with a bunch of spare pockets, so perhaps future renditions of this product will use a bit more forethought.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20