Well, I was impressed. When the TI-V86N first showed up, it really didn't look like a serious contender for a quality heatsink. I was wrong. The design proved to be very effective, the performance was outstanding, and the retention system was a dream come true. Add to this the fact that they are not priced any higher than others, and you're finding yourself in a very promising position.
Something that wasn't mentioned earlier is the fact that the fan shroud has a small indentation in it. This is a very useful as it is sized to house any standard 60mm x 60mm fan. So if you're wanting to use, say, one of the 38mm tall Delta models, it will fit right in and not move around at all. Just another way that the Dr. Thermal cooler looks out for our desires to keep our systems cool when we overclock.
Bottom line...The retention system alone on this unit is enough to make me recommend it, but the excellent cooling capabilities add up to an outstanding HSF that I am very happy to give an Editors Choice Award to. Just get one.
Separate power/RPM connectors
Core not centered on processor
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now