Well, I was impressed. When the TI-V86N first showed up, it really didn't look like a serious contender for a quality heatsink. I was wrong. The design proved to be very effective, the performance was outstanding, and the retention system was a dream come true. Add to this the fact that they are not priced any higher than others, and you're finding yourself in a very promising position.
Something that wasn't mentioned earlier is the fact that the fan shroud has a small indentation in it. This is a very useful as it is sized to house any standard 60mm x 60mm fan. So if you're wanting to use, say, one of the 38mm tall Delta models, it will fit right in and not move around at all. Just another way that the Dr. Thermal cooler looks out for our desires to keep our systems cool when we overclock.
Bottom line...The retention system alone on this unit is enough to make me recommend it, but the excellent cooling capabilities add up to an outstanding HSF that I am very happy to give an Editors Choice Award to. Just get one.
Separate power/RPM connectors
Core not centered on processor
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017