Well, I was impressed. When the TI-V86N first showed up, it really didn't look like a serious contender for a quality heatsink. I was wrong. The design proved to be very effective, the performance was outstanding, and the retention system was a dream come true. Add to this the fact that they are not priced any higher than others, and you're finding yourself in a very promising position.
Something that wasn't mentioned earlier is the fact that the fan shroud has a small indentation in it. This is a very useful as it is sized to house any standard 60mm x 60mm fan. So if you're wanting to use, say, one of the 38mm tall Delta models, it will fit right in and not move around at all. Just another way that the Dr. Thermal cooler looks out for our desires to keep our systems cool when we overclock.
Bottom line...The retention system alone on this unit is enough to make me recommend it, but the excellent cooling capabilities add up to an outstanding HSF that I am very happy to give an Editors Choice Award to. Just get one.
Separate power/RPM connectors
Core not centered on processor
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4