Well, I was impressed. When the TI-V86N first showed up, it really didn't look like a serious contender for a quality heatsink. I was wrong. The design proved to be very effective, the performance was outstanding, and the retention system was a dream come true. Add to this the fact that they are not priced any higher than others, and you're finding yourself in a very promising position.
Something that wasn't mentioned earlier is the fact that the fan shroud has a small indentation in it. This is a very useful as it is sized to house any standard 60mm x 60mm fan. So if you're wanting to use, say, one of the 38mm tall Delta models, it will fit right in and not move around at all. Just another way that the Dr. Thermal cooler looks out for our desires to keep our systems cool when we overclock.
Bottom line...The retention system alone on this unit is enough to make me recommend it, but the excellent cooling capabilities add up to an outstanding HSF that I am very happy to give an Editors Choice Award to. Just get one.
Separate power/RPM connectors
Core not centered on processor
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system