Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Mfgr's part number: MSD-SATA3035064
Form Factor: Standard 3.5"
Dimensions: Standard 3.5", 1146.0(L),101.6(W), 20(H) mm
Interface: SATA (Serial-ATA 150)
Unique feature(s): CHEAPEST, HIGH-SPEED, HIGH-CAPACITY SSD!
Rated Performance: 100MB/s read, 80MB/s write, .1ms access, 76K sequential IOPS
Enclosure: Aluminum case
From the looks of the specifications, one might ask what is going on here. The next thing many users will say is that this is a tiny hard drive in terms of capacity. You are correct, the capacity of the drive is pretty small, but we are breaking new ground here. Most users have no idea what their read, write or access times are for their consumer drives; not even I can quote a single drive's Sequential In/Outs Per Second (IOPS), but I can tell you that these numbers are very good, and later I will prove it to you.
Our Mtron MOBI 3.5 64GB SATA came to us as a loaner from the guys at DVNation.com. Jason will be sending us the latest and greatest SSD drives as they become available, and we will be writing articles and showing what they can do.
I would like to take a few minutes to tell you a little about DV Nation. The company is located in San Antonio, Texas and they sell only one thing, the most advanced SSD products available on the market. DV Nation doesn't manufacture any of their SSDs, but they work closely with the companies that do; So close that when a drive becomes available they buy a large wholesale batch, unlike many companies that will only place an order when they sell a drive, adding to the shipping time before you, the buyer receives the product.
SSD has come down in price and we are now at a period where 64GB of storage space costs less than a used car. Our sample Mtron MOBI 64GB is available for 1299.99 US Dollars from DVNation.com. A quick search on Pricegrabber shows that the DVNation price is lower than any other retailer by a couple of hundred dollars. Still, 1300 Dollars is nothing to sneeze at for consumers, leaving SSD mainly for enthusiasts and professional application specialists. Still, as the technology gains traction prices will come down, and as they do, more and more users will start to take a serious look at SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The MTRON MOBI SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Real World Applications]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family