Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Mfgr's part number: MSD-SATA3035064
Form Factor: Standard 3.5"
Dimensions: Standard 3.5", 1146.0(L),101.6(W), 20(H) mm
Interface: SATA (Serial-ATA 150)
Unique feature(s): CHEAPEST, HIGH-SPEED, HIGH-CAPACITY SSD!
Rated Performance: 100MB/s read, 80MB/s write, .1ms access, 76K sequential IOPS
Enclosure: Aluminum case
From the looks of the specifications, one might ask what is going on here. The next thing many users will say is that this is a tiny hard drive in terms of capacity. You are correct, the capacity of the drive is pretty small, but we are breaking new ground here. Most users have no idea what their read, write or access times are for their consumer drives; not even I can quote a single drive's Sequential In/Outs Per Second (IOPS), but I can tell you that these numbers are very good, and later I will prove it to you.
Our Mtron MOBI 3.5 64GB SATA came to us as a loaner from the guys at DVNation.com. Jason will be sending us the latest and greatest SSD drives as they become available, and we will be writing articles and showing what they can do.
I would like to take a few minutes to tell you a little about DV Nation. The company is located in San Antonio, Texas and they sell only one thing, the most advanced SSD products available on the market. DV Nation doesn't manufacture any of their SSDs, but they work closely with the companies that do; So close that when a drive becomes available they buy a large wholesale batch, unlike many companies that will only place an order when they sell a drive, adding to the shipping time before you, the buyer receives the product.
SSD has come down in price and we are now at a period where 64GB of storage space costs less than a used car. Our sample Mtron MOBI 64GB is available for 1299.99 US Dollars from DVNation.com. A quick search on Pricegrabber shows that the DVNation price is lower than any other retailer by a couple of hundred dollars. Still, 1300 Dollars is nothing to sneeze at for consumers, leaving SSD mainly for enthusiasts and professional application specialists. Still, as the technology gains traction prices will come down, and as they do, more and more users will start to take a serious look at SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The MTRON MOBI SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Real World Applications]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset