First off, we have the box that the drive is shipped in. Hitachi has gone for a retail box rather than shipping them in OEM style like the Seagate and Samsung drives usually come as. On the front we have some basic info on the drive including its capacity.
On the back of the box Hitachi has a huge amount of marketing material and some basic info on the drive including its 5400RPM speed and the 8MB of cache memory.
Moving to the drive itself we see the actual drive that Hitachi produces. On the design side there is nothing spectacular about the drive, it's light in weight and looks well constructed. On the top of the drive there is a identification label with info on the drive including model numbers, spindle speed and capacity which is 250GB for this model we were sent.
The bottom of the drive is extremely bare; only a bare PCB. Due to the circuits being placed between the drive case and the top of the PCB there is nothing to short out on the bottom of the drive, a very good idea.
The interface on the back of the drive is a standard Serial ATA setup, meaning it can be used on standard PC's without the need of a converter like older 44-pin IDE drives needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance