One of the most unique features the KR7A offers is ATA133 support through a Highpoint HPT372 RAID controller. Although there isn't many ATA133 hard drives available at the moment, this is a great inclusion for those of you that are looking to keeping this board for a while. In case some of you may be wandering, the ATA133 controller is backwards compatible with older ATA 66/100 drives. Unfortunately, I could not test ATA133 performance, as an ATA133 hard drive was not available at the time.
The KR7A features a set of three diagnostic LEDs, located next to the IDE connectors. These will help you troubleshoot any problems that may arise with the board. The KR7A's northbridge is cooled by the traditional heatsink/fan unit that we are used to seeing on Abit motherboards. Although an active cooler on the northbridge is not necessary, it will insure stable operation at all times.
The only complaint I have is that there was no inclusion of an AGP retention mechanism. This could come in handy if you transport your PC often and don't want to worry about your video card slipping out of place. Other than this, there are not many other features that I have not already discussed in the layout section.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- NVIDIA invests in Chinese self-driving truck startup
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes