One of the most unique features the KR7A offers is ATA133 support through a Highpoint HPT372 RAID controller. Although there isn't many ATA133 hard drives available at the moment, this is a great inclusion for those of you that are looking to keeping this board for a while. In case some of you may be wandering, the ATA133 controller is backwards compatible with older ATA 66/100 drives. Unfortunately, I could not test ATA133 performance, as an ATA133 hard drive was not available at the time.
The KR7A features a set of three diagnostic LEDs, located next to the IDE connectors. These will help you troubleshoot any problems that may arise with the board. The KR7A's northbridge is cooled by the traditional heatsink/fan unit that we are used to seeing on Abit motherboards. Although an active cooler on the northbridge is not necessary, it will insure stable operation at all times.
The only complaint I have is that there was no inclusion of an AGP retention mechanism. This could come in handy if you transport your PC often and don't want to worry about your video card slipping out of place. Other than this, there are not many other features that I have not already discussed in the layout section.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications