Package and Contents
First we move into the package and contents of the board. All of the DQ6 series of boards come in the same oversized boxes with the same cables and accessories bundled, bar a few differences in the software DVD and user manuals. The front of the box contains a little info on the board, mostly the model number and a few of the major features the board supports including its DES energy saving system. A small window on the front gives you a peek of the cooling system that runs along the Mosfets. The front of the box opens up to reveal some extra windows which gives you a few more peeks at the board.
On the back of the box we get a lot more info on the boards features; a lot of marketing hype along with a bit of a preview of the DES system that GIGABYTE uses for power savings (which we have already tested) as well as a colour photo of the board. In today's marketing it's quite important to show the customer what they are buying, and the photo really helps make an informed decision.
The cable bundle that has been included in the box comprises four SATA data cables with tab locks on them to help prevent the cables coming loose when transporting the case; this can certainly help for users who go to LAN events. Two ribbon cables are included as well; there is a single 80 conductor IDE cable with two drive support and one FDD cable with single drive support.
Lastly on the accessories list we have a single PCI cover bracket which has two e.SATA ports on the back that are able to be connected to any two of the eight SATA ports built onto the board. This allows you to get two e.SATA ports if you want to, or you can use all the ports internally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20