Intel's X48 chipsets in no short terms will displace the X38 chipset as the top dog. In fact, we can't see any reason to go for an X38 when the X48 chipset offers the same with official FSB support of 1600MHz, and so far we have seen three good boards already, with even more on the horizon.
So far we have only had three candidates, and all three have performed admirably. However, things get better and better with each board. The ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi really opened our eyes, its overclocking and feature set made us sit up and take notice of the X48.
The GIGABYTE X48T-DQ6 has also given us full confidence in the X48 chipset and GIGABYTE's design, though we do favor the ASUS P5E3 Premium's inclusion of the WiFi controller and their third PCI Express x16 slot onboard over the GIGABYTE setup, as it lacks the option for CrossfireX and a third graphics card to run as a physics engine, or just to use for a large PCI Express based SAS/SATA controller. This is where ASUS gets the leg up, however the power efficiency and overclocking crown so far goes to GIGABYTE's X48T-DQ6.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now