When it comes to high-end power supplies, the market has never offered so many choices as today. We have several manufacturers jumping onto this bandwagon and offering numerous models rated in the kilowatt+ range. From previous reviews, I can also state that most of these "enthusiast level" products are being offered at a premium price.
Enter Tuniq, a relatively new company working under the Sunbeam banner, offering a 1200 watt behemoth and wondering if it will make it in a crowded segment of the market. What can they offer that will make their product stand away and above the competition?
While their basic feature set is pretty commonplace, the addition of the adapters as a standard shows these folks are looking at the needs of the power user. They have also made certain to add small items heavily shielded power cords and Velcro cable straps showing that they actually listen to users who are looking to buy this type of product. But the thing that caught my eye the most was the price. A quick check online showed this unit available for $289US. While still an expensive upgrade, this comes in a good deal lower than many other 1200 watt units that are available. I am used to seeing the price point closer to the $350 range, so the lower cost should help you make certain to get a quality product for a more affordable price.
Bottom line... If you are looking for high-end power, there are a huge number of choices. Looking for quality high-end power? That number goes down. Looking for quality high-end power at a reasonable cost? Look no further than the Tuniq Ensemble 1200.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel