Package and Contents
As always, we start our look at the ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi with a look at the package and what you get inside. The ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi falls under the Premium packaging. The board is packed in a standard size box that we are accustomed to with most boards; similar to that of the MSI board's packaging. The front of the box has the company logo along with the board model so that you know what model you're looking at before you get it off the shelf.
On the back of the box ASUS has a lot of marketing info on the board; a full spec sheet that you would be able to view on the website as well as a full colour photo of the board. This gives you a full idea of what the board looks like before you even get it out of the box. Today's marketing demands a high quality board have a colour photo on the back so a customer can make an informed choice on what they get for their money, as some stores don't take refunds because of change of mind.
The documentation supplied with the board is quite good. First, there are two user manuals; one for the board itself denoted by the large P5E3 logo on the front. It contains a huge amount of information on the board including the BIOS, software as well as some basic information on the EPU power management system.
The second manual is for the USB based WiFi controller that is built into the board, this allowing you to run it as a Wireless LAN controller or a basic access point, depending on your needs. The last manual comes on the driver DVD in a PDF format. The driver DVD comes with all the Windows XP and Vista drivers as well as software for the EPU and motherboard functions.
Moving along to the cables and accessories that are included in the box, ASUS has a huge bundle here. Out of the six onboard SATA ports that the board supplies, ASUS gives you all six SATA cables allowing you to setup a full array of SATA drives right out of the box, along with a single Molex to Two SATA Power converter cable in case your PSU doesn't have enough SATA power plugs. For the ribbon cable set, a single IDE cable with two drive support gives you the parallel setup if needed, and a single FDD cable which gives you the FDD option if you still have need for one. A combination USB/Firewire PCI cover bracket gives you two extra USB ports and a single Firewire port.
Lastly we have on the accessories list two uni-directional Wireless LAN antennas that connect to the Wireless USB WLAN controller on the board. Along with them are two mini fans that sit atop the MOSFET heatpipe coolers if you're planning on using water cooling (which removes any of the active fan cooling an air cooler would normally supply if it were present).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY