ASUS has been one of the biggest motherboard producers in history; there are only a few companies with as much of a diverse product portfolio as the ASUS company, and they are the likes of MSI and GIGABYTE who are ASUS' main competitors.
As always, the top line of ASUS boards never fail to impress with their style, functionality, features and ease of use. The P5E3 Premium WiFi really continues this trend with great style. The layout of the board is almost flawless with features we would like to see other companies implement such as the Express Gate Pre-BIOS allowing you to access the Internet, instant messaging, webmail and even YouTube (why you would want that without sound or video acceleration is beyond me, but I guess some of you may still find it useful).
This makes this board totally unique from the others out there, but next time we hope to see ASUS doing away with BIOS' and going for the new (well, not actually new) Extended Firmware Interface that is designed to take BIOS out completely; this would make ASUS' high-end boards even more fantastic.
While very limited in the shops just now, the board is extremely expensive in nature, this being because of the X48 premium that the board comes with. You're going to need deep pockets to afford one of these babies, but if you're after everything this board offers, its definitely a good buy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni