ASUS has been one of the biggest motherboard producers in history; there are only a few companies with as much of a diverse product portfolio as the ASUS company, and they are the likes of MSI and GIGABYTE who are ASUS' main competitors.
As always, the top line of ASUS boards never fail to impress with their style, functionality, features and ease of use. The P5E3 Premium WiFi really continues this trend with great style. The layout of the board is almost flawless with features we would like to see other companies implement such as the Express Gate Pre-BIOS allowing you to access the Internet, instant messaging, webmail and even YouTube (why you would want that without sound or video acceleration is beyond me, but I guess some of you may still find it useful).
This makes this board totally unique from the others out there, but next time we hope to see ASUS doing away with BIOS' and going for the new (well, not actually new) Extended Firmware Interface that is designed to take BIOS out completely; this would make ASUS' high-end boards even more fantastic.
While very limited in the shops just now, the board is extremely expensive in nature, this being because of the X48 premium that the board comes with. You're going to need deep pockets to afford one of these babies, but if you're after everything this board offers, its definitely a good buy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card