ASUS has been one of the biggest motherboard producers in history; there are only a few companies with as much of a diverse product portfolio as the ASUS company, and they are the likes of MSI and GIGABYTE who are ASUS' main competitors.
As always, the top line of ASUS boards never fail to impress with their style, functionality, features and ease of use. The P5E3 Premium WiFi really continues this trend with great style. The layout of the board is almost flawless with features we would like to see other companies implement such as the Express Gate Pre-BIOS allowing you to access the Internet, instant messaging, webmail and even YouTube (why you would want that without sound or video acceleration is beyond me, but I guess some of you may still find it useful).
This makes this board totally unique from the others out there, but next time we hope to see ASUS doing away with BIOS' and going for the new (well, not actually new) Extended Firmware Interface that is designed to take BIOS out completely; this would make ASUS' high-end boards even more fantastic.
While very limited in the shops just now, the board is extremely expensive in nature, this being because of the X48 premium that the board comes with. You're going to need deep pockets to afford one of these babies, but if you're after everything this board offers, its definitely a good buy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and what's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2142]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream