Our first retail 9800 GX2 doesn't really tell us anything we haven't learnt already about the 9800 GX2 in our other tests. The latest drivers make it a bit of a power house, and against the HD 3870 X2 on most parts it's able to come out ahead.
ZOTAC have done some magic with the package as well by including not only a full version game but also a decent length HDMI cable for those of you who want to make use of the HDMI connectivity out of the box.
At the moment it looks like the main difference between the GX2 cards on the market include the bundle and the package that comes with them. They all seem to follow the reference clocks and cooler. The ZOTAC manages to stand out a bit more than normal in the package department thanks to the extras included, and it may be put at the top of the list for this reason.
At the moment there still aren't a lot of GX2 cards listed for sales, so getting a ZOTAC might be a little difficult along with a few other brands, but over the next few weeks we should see more and more pop up.
We expect the ZOTAC offering to come in at a decent price below the RRP, so with the extra inclusions in the bundle it should do alright in the value for money department but we will hold off scoring them for now since we don't have an exact figure at the moment to go by.
We thought we'd also take a bit of time to see how we went in the overclocking department. We managed to get 720MHz on the core and 2200MHz DDR on the memory without any issues, which gives you a nice little boost in performance. Let's hope when an AMP! Edition of the card makes it way out that the clocks are aggressive as always.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 12 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 18 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning