For our testing purposes, we will be using HD Tach to determine not only overall speeds for data transfer, but also read speeds as well as access times. Tests will be run with a Western Digital 80GB SATA hard drive. We will test the drive installed directly to the mainboard as the baseline, then use different connection methods to determine how well this enclosure handles data transfers.
Our test system consists of:
Gigabyte 965P-DS4 motherboard (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2x 1024MB Corsair XMS2-8500-C5 memory (Supplied by Corsair)
GeCube X1900XTX graphics (Supplied by GeCube)
Western Digital 250GB SATA hard drive
Sony 52x CD-ROM optical drive
Samsung 16x DVD-R optical drive
Speeds are pretty much where I figured they would be. I have yet to have much difference between the installed performance levels and eSATA and the RX81-MP-SC is no different. Firewire is performing better than USB. Surprisingly, the CPU usage ratings have been improved from previous models while performing in the USB mode. I am generally accustomed to seeing the usage hover in the 8-12% range, but our latest offering from Rosewill have managed to keep it down in the 5% range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD details its Radeon RX 400 series naming system
- AMD Radeon RX 480 review roundup
- AMD's new Radeon Software 16.6.2 drivers released, supports RX 480
- PS4 Slim coming alongside PS4 Neo, reports claim
- Starting this week, declining Windows 10 upgrade will actually work
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards