For our testing purposes, we will be using HD Tach to determine not only overall speeds for data transfer, but also read speeds as well as access times. Tests will be run with a Western Digital 80GB SATA hard drive. We will test the drive installed directly to the mainboard as the baseline, then use different connection methods to determine how well this enclosure handles data transfers.
Our test system consists of:
Gigabyte 965P-DS4 motherboard (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2x 1024MB Corsair XMS2-8500-C5 memory (Supplied by Corsair)
GeCube X1900XTX graphics (Supplied by GeCube)
Western Digital 250GB SATA hard drive
Sony 52x CD-ROM optical drive
Samsung 16x DVD-R optical drive
Speeds are pretty much where I figured they would be. I have yet to have much difference between the installed performance levels and eSATA and the RX81-MP-SC is no different. Firewire is performing better than USB. Surprisingly, the CPU usage ratings have been improved from previous models while performing in the USB mode. I am generally accustomed to seeing the usage hover in the 8-12% range, but our latest offering from Rosewill have managed to keep it down in the 5% range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4