For our testing purposes, we will be using HD Tach to determine not only overall speeds for data transfer, but also read speeds as well as access times. Tests will be run with a Western Digital 80GB SATA hard drive. We will test the drive installed directly to the mainboard as the baseline, then use different connection methods to determine how well this enclosure handles data transfers.
Our test system consists of:
Gigabyte 965P-DS4 motherboard (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2x 1024MB Corsair XMS2-8500-C5 memory (Supplied by Corsair)
GeCube X1900XTX graphics (Supplied by GeCube)
Western Digital 250GB SATA hard drive
Sony 52x CD-ROM optical drive
Samsung 16x DVD-R optical drive
Speeds are pretty much where I figured they would be. I have yet to have much difference between the installed performance levels and eSATA and the RX81-MP-SC is no different. Firewire is performing better than USB. Surprisingly, the CPU usage ratings have been improved from previous models while performing in the USB mode. I am generally accustomed to seeing the usage hover in the 8-12% range, but our latest offering from Rosewill have managed to keep it down in the 5% range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni