For our testing purposes, we will be using HD Tach to determine not only overall speeds for data transfer, but also read speeds as well as access times. Tests will be run with a Western Digital 80GB SATA hard drive. We will test the drive installed directly to the mainboard as the baseline, then use different connection methods to determine how well this enclosure handles data transfers.
Our test system consists of:
Gigabyte 965P-DS4 motherboard (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2x 1024MB Corsair XMS2-8500-C5 memory (Supplied by Corsair)
GeCube X1900XTX graphics (Supplied by GeCube)
Western Digital 250GB SATA hard drive
Sony 52x CD-ROM optical drive
Samsung 16x DVD-R optical drive
Speeds are pretty much where I figured they would be. I have yet to have much difference between the installed performance levels and eSATA and the RX81-MP-SC is no different. Firewire is performing better than USB. Surprisingly, the CPU usage ratings have been improved from previous models while performing in the USB mode. I am generally accustomed to seeing the usage hover in the 8-12% range, but our latest offering from Rosewill have managed to keep it down in the 5% range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition